How to Identify Reinforcing Bars?
In general terms, we learn some rebars have the same appearance so that lots of people can not identify the rebar themselves, which may cause mistake easily. In order to avoid this situation, we show the ways to identify rebars by their markings.
So if you want to learn more knowledge about reinforcing bar or you want to check whether the rebars you bought are right size, you will not regret to be here.
Size #11,Grade 60, A 615
A range of individual markings reveal the identification of each individual rebar:
The first letter or symbol means producing mill and deformation pattern.
- The second marking means the bar size, in this picture, " 11 " means the diameter of this rebar is #3.
- The third letter represents the type of steel as follow:
- S: Carbon-steel (A615).
- W: Low-alloy steel (A706).
- R: Rail-steel (A996).
- I: Axle-steel (A996).
- A: Rail-steel (A996).
- The last marking shows the grade of reinforcing bar.
- 40: grade 40.
- 60: grade 60.
- 75: grade 75.
- 4: grade 420, also grade 60.
- 5: grade 520, also grade 75.
Furthermore, the grade also can be identified by its additional lines, which must be at least five deformations long, for example, in this picture, the first rebar has one line only, which means the grade of it is 420. If it has two lines, it represents grade 520, and no line means grade 40.
Size 20M, Grade 400
Size 20M, Grade 400W
- The first letter or symbol means producing mill and deformation pattern.
- The second marking means rebar size
a. Grade 300R: 300/ No number.
b. Grade 400R: 400/ One line (at least five deformations long).
c. Grade 500R: 500/ Two lines (at least five deformations long).
d. Grade 400W & 500W: The letter W may be between blank space and size symbol or in the black space, for example: (see right picture).
Inquiry for Our Product
Betons Reinforcing Bar Company
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.